Sunday, November 21, 2010

Brownie Fail

I have come to the realization that brownies are the one thing I cannot make for my daughter.  They just cannot be made without eggs.  Yesterday was my 4th attempt at making brownies without eggs.  I have tried all the vegan tricks for replacing eggs, and none have turned out edible.  This last batch was by far the worst.  Pillsbury brownie mix (its dairy free) with Ener-G egg replacer.  I even found dairy free chocolate chips to put in, thinking that this one would work.   What resulted was a thin cardboard like substance that when touched oozed oil.
I just want her to be able to have everything everyone else gets.  We avoid going out to breakfast, since everything has milk or eggs in it.  We don't order mozzarella sticks as an appetizer, so we don't have to eat them in front of her and tell her she cant have any.  I hope she grows out of this soon.  Can you imagine telling your five year old that she can't have cake and ice cream at her friends birthday party.  Or having to bring your own cupcake and soy ice cream so she can feel included.
I have adapted most of our recipes so Ryann can eat with the rest of the family.  I have pancakes and mashed potatoes down to a science.  And no one can tell the difference.  My vegan cinnamon rolls turned out awesome.  But brownies are just not happening.
Success

Fail
No, no one ate any.  I was in the process of throwing them out when I remembered to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment