Monday, November 15, 2010

Its All About Me

The Brother is 9 months old today!   I think he is going to be the biggest of the three.  21lbs 2 oz and 29.1inches long.  And he is the easiest to get shots.  He cries for a minute, gives the nurses a dirty look, then is back to his happy self.   Ryann got a sicker for being good at the doctor's office.  And Sis had a good day at preschool.  All is quiet in the house.

So enough about the kids,  its not all about them.  There are two others in the house.  Without whom the three entertainers would not be here.  So tonight is all about me.  What do I like to do?  My life is not all wiping noses and butts.  Although that is a majority of my day now.
I admit my likes and interests have changed a lot since having children.  I used to enjoy working backstage at the theatre, keeping current with new movies, and keeping in touch with friends.
Now I get a thrill out of couponing, keeping up with whats new in cloth diapers and car seats, and trying new recipes.
I get a lot of great deals on hip2save and a full cup .  I saved $17 at the store just today with coupons.
I also love cloth diapering my children.  Not 100% of the time, I don't quite have enough to cloth diaper 2 kids full time.  But hopefully when Ryann potty learns, I can keep the Brother in cloth more.  In fact , this reminds me, I have a box of diapers I need to list on diaper swappers soon.
I'll spare you my tirade on car seats.
I love to cook.  Not bake, cook.  But, I am also a picky eater.  So I have to be able to change a recipe so we will eat it.  I love The Pioneer Woman .  She has great recipes that everyone can eat.  I think on of our favorites is Cajun chicken pasta.  I am also loving Jamie Oliver's latest book.  We just had a great stew this week from his recipe.  I also have the challenge of changing recipes so Ryann can eat it.  Ryann has egg and dairy allergies.  So I have to find suitable substitutes so that we can all eat it, or I take some out for Ryann before I add the allergen.
I could go on and on about these subjects, so I'll stop before I bore you.  But if there is anything you want to know more of let me know!  I am a fountain of useless information.

No comments:

Post a Comment