Thursday, November 1, 2012

Holiday Spending


With the holiday’s fast approaching I thought I would share some of the tips I use to keep our budget in check. 

I keep a wish list on Amazon.com and add to it throughout the year when I get ideas for presents for people.  Then I always have a price reference too.  If I see an item on sale elsewhere, I know what my price point is.

-       I make sure I stick to my weekly menu planning.   It can be too easy to spiral out of control and eat out when everyone gets busy. 


-       I plan what dishes I am taking to family gatherings/parties a few weeks before.  Then I can break up my shopping over the course of a few weeks.  Then I am not stuck with one huge extra shopping trip just for all the parties.

-       Throughout the year I save all my points up at various websites and cash them in around the holidays for presents.  Swagbucks, Huggies points, Kellogg’sfamily rewards just to name a few.

-       We use an envelope system, and start an envelope for Christmas usually in September. 

    The biggest reason we coupon, is so we can spend more time together as a family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment