Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Days

Tomorrow is another snow day!  As a kid we used to pray for them, as an adult I dread them.  I hate being stuck in the house.  Now I defiantly don't get out of the house every day, but the thought that I CAN'T get out is a different story.  My minivan is just not going to make it anywhere tomorrow.  Unless I can come up with some valid reason that I need to go to the store again, I'm not getting out of this house.  Mr.C will probably have school, but he drives a jimmy, and it gets around pretty good.  But I can't fit three car seats in that puppy.  
No one ventured out for playgroup today.  And since OPS was cancelled so was dance class.  No preschool for Mary tomorrow either.  
So what do you do with your kids all day?  I admit, I'm not super mom.  I don't do many crafts with them, and I hate baking with them.  Mr.C bakes with them when I leave the house.  I have a control problem when I'm in the kitchen.   
They did play with homemade play dough today.  We made kool-aid play dough last week.  They chose lime flavor.  Yum!



  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 2 (4 g) packages unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
  • cups boiling water
  • tablespoons oil
  • 2 tsp cream of tarter

Directions:

Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
  1. 1 Mix flour, salt, cream of tarter, add oil
  2. 2 Add Kool-aid to boiling water, mix with spoon until cool enough to knead.
  3. 3 Continue kneading , may need to add more flour
  4. 4 Store in air tight bag or container in the refrigerator.

I also wanted to add a gluten free recipe.  I know some people have been looking for one. 

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup rice flour
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 cup water 1 teaspoon cooking oil
  • Food coloring, if desired
Directions:
Mix ingredients. Cook and stir on low heat for 3 minutes or until it forms a ball. Cool completely before storing in a sealable plastic bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment