Sunday, January 30, 2011

Winner, Winner , Chicken Dinner!

I made a great dinner last night.  At least that's what my girls told me.  Yes, they tell me if I have made a good dinner each night or not.  Even Weston ate two platefuls!
I made my own take on lasagna soup.  It was super yummy, and I will have leftovers for lunch all week.

Lasagna Soup

1lb ground turkey breast (could use ground beef)
1c chopped celery
1c chopped carrots
1/2 c chopped onion (more or less to your taste)
1 pop can size V8 juice low sodium
2c beef broth (could use veggie or chicken)
1-2 cups water
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 can pre made spaghetti sauce (again, could use more)
then I just threw in my normal spaghetti spices,  garlic, oregano, onion salt, a little sea salt, pepper, Italian seasonings.
I let simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
1/2 box of mini lasagna noodles (I cooked them before I put them in the soup, right before serving)
and sprinkle with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese at the table.
and served with a french loaf of bread, and an asiago bread loaf.

Ryann told me it was "delicious" in her squeaky toddler voice.

I am loving all the soup's I have made this winter.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it starts getting warmer!  And with all this soup/stew making, I have found that I am in dire need of a dutch oven.  I keep borrowing my mom's.  Those suckers are expensive, so I'm going to start shopping around and reading reviews for a good one.

And because I was uploading pictures, here are some for your viewing pleasure:

The girls playing outside


One of Weston, because he's a cutie!

My little climber!

And this just cracked me up,  they were all tuckered out.

No comments:

Post a Comment