Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Meal Plan Week of April 11-17

Sorry for getting this up so late!  But I still had to share.  Monday nights dinner was new and a hit!

Monday- Mexican Chicken Nachos
Tuesday- Pizza at my moms house
Wednesday- Tater tot casserole (we didn't end up having it the last two weeks)
Thursday- Turkey Burgers
Friday- Grill out hot dogs, beans, smores
Saturday- Cajun Chicken Linguine
Sunday- Porcupine meatballs (I know a few asked for this recipe, so I'll post it later this week)


So as I said the monday nights dinner was a hit.  The girls ate it up, and didn't even realize there was corn in it!
I adapted this recipe from a mom on my mom's online board.  Thanks Sarah!

3-4 chicken breast
1 can of black beans rinsed
1 small can of corn (or frozen)
1 packet of taco seasoning , mixed with 1/2 cup water
1 cup salsa (or more to taste)

stick it all in the crock pot on low.  1/2 hour before serving, take out chicken and shred it.
mix in small thing of cream cheese, and 1 cup of velveeta.

I served it over tortilla chips.  and Mr. C just ate it like a dip when he got home.

I used three chicken breast and it made a ton for us.  Next time I would half the recipe for us.   But I would also use this as a dip to take to a potluck.  Just add a ton more velveeta and maybe a can of Rotels tomatoes and another packet of taco seasoning.

1 comment:

  1. This is a favorite at our house, my boys scarf it down.....but I don't put any Velveeta. ;-) I usually heat up corn tortillas for us to eat it with.

    ReplyDelete