Friday, November 19, 2010

Rock-a-bye

I love snuggling my babies.  The older they get, the less snuggle time I get.  I love my time with Weston every night rocking him to sleep.
Yes, I rock him every night, and sometimes for nap time too.  
I was told from day one with my oldest, I should put the baby down to sleep while still drowsy, but not totally asleep.  Well, that's easier said than done, especially for a new mom who does not want to put baby down at all.  My oldest did end up being a horrible sleeper, probably due to me rocking her all the time.  Oh, well, live and learn.
Number 2, was a great sleeper, once I figured out she liked to sleep on her tummy.  Yep, I'm a bad mom.  I let my baby sleep on her tummy.  But after having a horrible sleeper, I was desperate for a baby that would sleep more than two hours at a time.  And I could put her down drowsy,  isn't that what the pediatrician wants?  Well, they can't have it both ways!   Don't worry, I still checked on them often,  she had a paci and a fan in the room.
Now my little man is a pretty good sleeper.  Another tummy sleeper.  He goes through spurts where he is up a lot at night, then we will go weeks only getting up once to nurse.  But I can't give up rocking him to sleep.  And often I just stay in there rocking him long after he is asleep, just so I can snuggle with him.  Tonight was one of those nights.  He was so cuddly in his fleece feetie pajamas.  I mean, who knows if this is my last baby or not.  What if it is?  I need to savor all these moments as if they are my last.
Who could resist snuggling that!?
And might as well add some more snuggling and sleeping pictures.  I love it when kiddos fall asleep anywhere.



Rock-a-bye baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment